Joy interviews Alise Cortez in this episode, during which they explore Alise's multiple identities; instructor, facilitator, lifelong learner, radio show host, consultant, entrepreneur, and world traveler.
- Lessons learned from an upbringing in a small town from entrepreneurial parents
- Getting fired at age 19 by a boss who knew she was destined for bigger things
- Demonstrating vulnerability to thrive after a divorce
- Starting her own company
- Hosting a weekly radio show
- On-ramping back into the the corporate workforce
- Be open to the experiences that come our way. Sometimes it is difficult to see where each individual stepping stone on our path may lead, but it's important to remember that we can pursue multiple paths on our journey.
- When undergoing transitions, we need to be selective about who we socialize with. Alice suggests that we go find a tribe of people who are going after what they want and succeeding at it - i.e., people who inspire us to go after what we want rather than remaining stuck where we are.
- Pursuing fulfilling lives and careers takes energy and courage. It won't come easily and it takes work.